Hi from Brooklyn New York!!

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
JediMax
Name: Gary
TKID: 19729
Garrison: ECG

Hi from Brooklyn New York!!

Post by JediMax »

I am with the Empire City Garrison TK 19729. I have an approved ANH male Tusken Raider and Imperial crewman. Currently, working on ANH Tie Pilot, both ANH TD and TK stunt. An Imperial gunner and Imperial Naval officer are done and need to submit for approval.

Decided to build a ESB snow trooper before the cold winter starts here in New York. During the winter troops, it would be cool to alternate between a Tusken and soon to be snow trooper. It is always great to search for a build and look at different ideas or concepts to help in building your own armor.
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Hi from Brooklyn New York!!

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi there and welcome to the Blizzard Force detachment!

Good luck with your TS journey :D
Olaf
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Joseph Flook
TKID: 61937
Garrison: Pacific Outpost

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Olaf »

Welcome to the Frosty Side!!
Great to see more Snowies in the ECG!
TGaines107
Name: TGaines107
TKID: 4292
Garrison: Tyranus

Post by TGaines107 »

Welcome aboard. Very unique crowd are the snowies. You'll have a lot of fun with it!
There's a Squatch in those woods...
JediMax

Post by JediMax »

I have not posted in awhile. Busy with my snowy. Can someone help? I have a MC snowtrooper armor. Everything is coming along fine.

However, when I started with the helmet, I used CA zap a gap for the vinyl. The problem is that I glued the vinyl for the front under the nose instead of on top. Can this be fixed? Or do I need new vinyl.

Thanks.
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

JediMax wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:46 pm I have not posted in awhile. Busy with my snowy. Can someone help? I have a MC snowtrooper armor. Everything is coming along fine.

However, when I started with the helmet, I used CA zap a gap for the vinyl. The problem is that I glued the vinyl for the front under the nose instead of on top. Can this be fixed? Or do I need new vinyl.

Thanks.
Since you used CA glue, I'm having to assume that you're going to have to get new material. Removing the material is likely going to destroy it in the process.

I recommend getting new material, such as from the source I found posted here: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=4675
Winning every battle since 1980
JediMax

Post by JediMax »

Thanks for the response. I had ordered the material. Trace the helmet for pattern for the cowl or can I Google a snowtrooper helmet pattern.
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

JediMax wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:05 pm Thanks for the response. I had ordered the material. Trace the helmet for pattern for the cowl or can I Google a snowtrooper helmet pattern.
I would try and get a good pattern based off your helmet or if you know anyone locally with a MonCal kit, see if they have it. I'd even say if you can salvage the messed up cowl to at least make a pattern off of it that might save you the hassle. The key part of the pattern is the eyes/goggles and the cowl should be cut uniquely for the helmet you have as other vendor helmets will be different in some way.

You can also further develop the rest of the pattern on your personal liking, based on the various looks and styles seen in the films, as well as adjust it for your height (short or tall).

Honestly, I'd probably find a cheap fabric or material of similar weight to the vinyl you ordered and make a test piece to adjust and fit accordingly, before using the good material
Winning every battle since 1980
JediMax

Post by JediMax »

Awesome!! Thanks for the tip...
BloodRayne
Name: Gianandrea Comande
TKID: 20791
Garrison: Ireland Garrison