Good Afternoon Blizzard Force

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Ed_Rush
Blizzard Force Deployed

Good Afternoon Blizzard Force

Post by Ed_Rush »

Good afternoon,

My name is Ed, I'm from Northwest Indiana ( Northern Darkness Garrison ). After several years of set backs and real life delays, I'm finally about to start work on my snowtrooper costume. This is my first costume and is my dream uniform to build so that I may join the 501st. I look forward to meeting many of you and learning from you all as I progress on this journey.

My plan currently is to purchase a MonCal armor set, but am looking for advice and guidance on both the pants and the duster. I'd also love to have any advice you have to offer regarding weathering the armor and clothing.

Thank you very much for your time.

Very respectfully,

Ed
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Good Afternoon Blizzard Force

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Ed and welcome to the Blizzard Force detachment!

Good luck with your build :D
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Welcome Ed! Glad to see you looking to pursue the snowtrooper costume!

I personally use lightweight karate pants for trooping purposes due to a balance of an accurate look and comfortability, but if you're looking for screen accurate, you'd need pants made in a calvary twill material, which is what the Imperial Officer suits were made in. As for duster, there's a few listed vendors to choose from, some also make the pouches well.

The ONLY key thing is ensure you get your mukluks first so that when it comes to measuring the overall length of it, that you're wearing the boots at the same time. The bottom edge of the duster must reach at a minimum the tops of the mukluks or extend past them, ideally no longer than lower-calf region, but it's better to be a little longer than too short. This length should be met when standing in a upright/"normal" position.

2nd, the center "bib" portion- the bottom of this should extend just to or just past the top of the cod piece. This ensures both accuracy but also covers up any exposed belly region that shouldn't be visible when wearing the costume.

Don't hesitate to ask if you're unclear
Winning every battle since 1980
bdgr
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: bdgr
TKID: 4468
Garrison: Ohio Garrison

Post by bdgr »

Welcome. I use white painter's pants for my trooping. Inexpensive, light weight, and readily available. Best of luck on your Snowtrooper build.
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD -4468
Ed_Rush
Blizzard Force Deployed

Post by Ed_Rush »

Thank you very much for the advice and guidance. The first parts of my kit should be arriving by mail this week, and the hard armor is ordered, and should be here in November. If there a specific area in the forums to post builds and WIP?
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Ed_Rush wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:09 am Thank you very much for the advice and guidance. The first parts of my kit should be arriving by mail this week, and the hard armor is ordered, and should be here in November. If there a specific area in the forums to post builds and WIP?
Hi Ed, you can post a snowtrooper build thread at this place: http://blizzardforce.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=152 :D