New Aspiring 501st Member

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Carfora21
Name: Nicholas Carfora

New Aspiring 501st Member

Post by Carfora21 »

Hello everyone, I’d like to say thank you in advance for reading this post I know it can be a hassle to always deal with new members. I discovered the 501st in 2014 when I was 13 watching HelloGreedo, since then I’ve always wanted to join my local Garrison in Connecticut. Now that I am of age to join I started looking into the requirements to join and, I noticed that I have to have a set of approved armor before I can join. So I spent these last few days deciding what trooper best suit me and I landed on a snowtrooper. I’m looking for help and options as to how I can get a set seeing as I don’t have the resources to build my own, I read something about Armor Vendors on whitearmor.net. If you guys could spare the time to help out the new guy I would appreciate it a lot.
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: New Aspiring 501st Member

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Nicholas and welcome to the Blizzard Force detachment!

You can find armor vendors for snowtrooper kits at this place: viewtopic.php?f=115&t=3611

Hope this helps :)

Good luck with your build!
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: New Aspiring 501st Member

Post by tubachris85x »

Welcome Nicholas- I am glad that you decided you would like to enter the 501st with the Snowtrooper costume- It was my first as well. As Markus directed, we have a section for our vetted vendors. Costs vary, so it's good to figure out what your budget is for the build, but regardless of whom you go for, you will have an approved costume so long as you construct and wear it properly at the end of the build. There are tutorial/build threads from many members (Markus also has a fantastic part by part build thread too, as a FYI).

The bottom line though is just to do your research and due diligence- Folks may get frustrated or burned out easily, but so long as you put the work in, you will be rewarded at the end!
Winning every battle since 1980