New member from the UK.

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Lee274
Name: Meat Popsicle

New member from the UK.

Post by Lee274 »

Hi all,

My name is Lee and I'm a 43 year old geek. Always loved the Snowtroopers since I saw TESB at the cinema way back on its first UK release. Always felt that it was an underrated helmet, and the simplicity of it is pure art. I bought a kit on EBay the other week, and am a bit worried my helmet is too wide. I don't know if you guys see it??

Hoping to spend a lot of time here,and look forward to chatting to some of you guys.

Lee
20190415_204342_1555357623592.jpg
20190415_204342_1555357623592.jpg (98.8 KiB) Viewed 1460 times
thebrighton
Name: Gareth Collier
TKID: 11968
Garrison: UK Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: New member from the UK.

Post by thebrighton »

Hi Lee and welcome to the coolest detachment :)
If you are looking at clearing your Snowie to troop with the 501st you will also need to start a work in progress (WIP) over on the UK Garrisons forum as ultimately that is where you are cleared but no worries posting on both and I'm the armourer at the UKG anyway.
I see what you mean by the lid but it will better to judge with you wearing it. From the photo something isn't straight. The dome over your left eye is higher compared with the brow ridge than the right but the top is parallel with the eye level giving the impression the brow is sloping down. Not sure of the maker but to me it looks like the dome has been rotated 90 degrees giving it the wonky look. There is also possibly too big an area between the eyes and brow but the eyes could do with opening out a bit more.
Compare the look of your lid with the photo below which will hopefully demonstrate what I mean:
snowie 4.JPG
snowie 4.JPG (43.35 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
UK Garrison Snowtrooper, Tusken and Underworld Armourer
Underworld Detachment XO