Mile High greetings from Colorado!

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
bobafret
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: bobafret
TKID: 72569
Garrison: Mountain

WHITEOUT Deployed

Mile High greetings from Colorado!

Post by bobafret »

Hi everyone!

GML for Mountain Garrison TK-72569 Dave Adams here, VERY late with my hello thread! I actually signed up on this board over a year ago as I did for all detachments when I became GML, however recently I've been lurking MUCH more actively here as I have FINALLY pulled the trigger on a Snowie! Currently I have TK, Tusken and Rebel Pilot and Jedi over on the good guys side.

It was the recent trip our Garrison took to the Ice Castles that did it - the photos had me DROOLING! As you can imagine, in the Mountain Garrison there's a significant snowtrooper presence, and it was time for me to walk into the blizzard!

Kit is being shipped this weekend from DL - SO excited. I've been lurking HARD like I said, so all the resources in build threads have been invaluable for sourcing the duster and pouches (20eyesdesign), karate pants, gloves, mukluks, chicago screws and strapping. Some final decisions on backpack strapping (think I have settled on E6000 straps directly for connection point at backpack and then white parachute buckles back of shoulder connection but I've got an open request for feedback on that here) and it's assembly time!

The weathering process is also something I love so looking forward to that too.

Thanks for all the resources so far - see you all around!
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Mile High greetings from Colorado!

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Dave and welcome to the Blizzard Force detachment!

DL is a nice kit :)

Good luck with your TS journey and stay frosty :D
Scott M.
Senior Advisor
TKID: 4149

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Scott M. »

Atta Baby!!!

More twins pics!!

Don't Hate the Duster
Mountain Garrison CO (retired)
Blizzard Force F'ing Old Guy Advisor to the BF Command Staff
FISD ANH Elite
BF Deployed
garbz
Name: Aaron
TKID: 6030

Post by garbz »

Yay!!!
One of us!
Imperial J
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Jason
TKID: 80128

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Imperial J »

Awesome

TK / ID / BH / TS - 80128

RebelRach
Merch / Public Relations Officer
Name: Rebel Rach
TKID: 15070
Garrison: Redback Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by RebelRach »

Hi Dave welcome!! You GMLs work hard!
Great to see you joining the frosties...I’ve had the pleasure to meet a few of the MG troopers and you’re a great bunch of people, and the Ice Castles photos by Bill are just amazing!

Best of luck with your build you certainly are in the right Garrison for loads of help, but do yell out if you need us!
Cheerio
Rachel
Snowtrooper Dan Laws Kit Build Thread: http://www.blizzardforce.com/forum/view ... =78&t=5491

bobafret
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: bobafret
TKID: 72569

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by bobafret »

RebelRach wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:27 am Hi Dave welcome!! You GMLs work hard!
Great to see you joining the frosties...I’ve had the pleasure to meet a few of the MG troopers and you’re a great bunch of people, and the Ice Castles photos by Bill are just amazing!

Best of luck with your build you certainly are in the right Garrison for loads of help, but do yell out if you need us!
Cheerio
Rachel
Thank you so much! I have been lurking HARD here on a few builds (yours included) and have asked a couple targeted questions both here and directly to some of my guys. As a result I have a really solid plan for how mine is going together and SO excited. Boots are completed. Pants and gloves received and tea-stained. Armor got shipped from DL this weekend. Last of all the strapping came in the mail over the weekend and Black Mars and Burnt Sienna Acrylic waiting to do some weathering!

I did the same with my TK did so much lurking and studying of build threads and EIB/Centurion submissions that by the time I got plastic in hand I was raring to go. Two kits in just over six weeks - haha! Built mine and my daughter's leapfrogging between the two.

Thanks for the kudos about the MG folk - Colorado is a really nice place and the people are pretty great. Kind of like the welcoming feeling I've gotten here! Thanks for that!

See you around the snowpile!

Dave