Greetings from North Idaho

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Lupercus
Name: Lupercus
TKID: 60105
Garrison: Timberline Garrison

Greetings from North Idaho

Post by Lupercus »

Greetings!

I am a Moscow, Idaho quartered ANH TIE pilot, operating number TI-60105.

The current weather conditions here are 18 degrees Fahrenheit / -8 Celsius with about 8 inches (20.32 cm) of snow on the ground. For many years it has been my goal to assemble a set of snow trooper kit suitable to outdoor use in my winter environment. Besides, the battle of Hoth was the best fight the we ever gave anybody.

I come to the 501st with a military background rather than an civilian or acting one so I tend to approach the subject in the same manner as I do military reenacting. For me is is less about just costuming and more about actually "doing the job," within reason of course.

One of the limitations of our hobby is the material we can work from is largely limited to the source material of the movies. For example determining if there is a forgotten imperial army beyond the vaunted elite of the stormtrooper corps that is stuck garrisoning the rest of the galaxy. Or my favorite quandry, is the AT-AT operator kit shown at the battle of Hoth actualy the standard uniform, or rather (as I suspect) a heavy combat variant for arctic operations were as the standard garrison kit for vehicle crews would be much more like what AT-ST crews wore at endor. My assumption would extend that the fighter corps would also have had a arctic survival ensemble, but this of course is all speculative.

In the real world am blacksmith/armorer, firefighter/EMT, and soldier by trade.

Any advise in sourcing and assembling a set of snowtrooper kit for actual arctic operations is most welcome my friends. For now, 105 must be off for another snowy sortie!
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Greetings from North Idaho

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi there and welcome to the Blizzard Force detachment!

Besides of your right place to be a snowtrooper it's always a good idea to build that costume, because there cannot be enough of the undefeated men and women of the empire out there ;)

Maybe the vendor section would be a good start for you: viewtopic.php?f=115&t=3611
Lupercus
Name: Lupercus
TKID: 60105
Garrison: Timberline Garrison

Re: Greetings from North Idaho

Post by Lupercus »

With a pair of mukluks on the way I am started down the path.

The soft kit should be easy enough for me once I can find the patterns as I am well versed with needle and thread. I am sad to see that canvas dusters are not permitted as I have a lifetime supply of sailcloth.