Greetings from Switzerland

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Sn0wflake
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Steve Hopper
TKID: 57343
Garrison: Swiss Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Greetings from Switzerland

Post by Sn0wflake »

Hello all, thought as you've been nice enough to accept me into your ranks I should introduce myself. My name is Steve, an Englishman who has been living in Switzerland since 2005. I've been a Star Wars fan all my life and happily my daughter is too (she even gets to play with my old SW toys from the '80's)!
This may seem an odd question and I do not wish to cause offence to any purists who spend years building their suits but I was wondering if the RS suit is 501st approvable "out the box". I read that their TK set is but as my favourite film is ESB and I've always loved the look of the Snowtroopers I'd love to be able to have such a kit. Why not build it myself? Simple. Time. Or the lack there of. I'm currently building a ANH Vader kit to 501st standards which I expect to take 2-3 years (just the wait for the KevVader capeset is nearly 2 years) but I'd love to have a costume to wear in the meantime but don't want to end up building two costumes simultaneously ( I also build RC trucks so time really is a premium)! I'm really torn between a TK and a TS but would love to go TS if possible (would be great for Switzerland!). If the RS kit needs lots of work and time to make it 501 approvable then I'll maybe go for their TK and then build a TS in the future once my Vader is complete and I have more time.
Also, should I go TS, what, if any, voice effects do you use? I already have some Akers from my Vader but do you use the iComm or is that just for TKs?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Steve
Greetings from Steve, the Englishman in Switzerland. :D

Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Greetings from Switzerland

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Steve and welcome to the Blizzard Force detachment!

I think this thread: viewtopic.php?f=115&t=3611 will be a good start for you. It's the vendors section and yes, RS is on the list ;)

I own also a TK and have an iComm for it, but I didn't use it for my TS so far, but maybe one day 8)

You're right, Switzerland and TS fit together very well :D
Sn0wflake
Blizzard Force Deployed

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Sn0wflake »

Thanks for the welcome, Captain. Yes, I'd already checked out that thread about the vendors which helped fill me with confidence. Just wasn't sure if any work was needed to the RS kit to make it 501 approvable or not. I'm only looking for basic approval initially, so extra details/improvements can be made at a later date but really would like to go for a "fast track" to 501-dom if possible as it's going to take so long to get there with my Vader! Ha ha.

And if last winter is anything to go by, TK armour and umbrella would be more appropriate - we had very little snow here in central Switzerland! Ha ha.
Thanks again for the help and if anyone else wants to chip in that'd be great.

MIEO
Asia Trooper Liaison
Name: MIEO
TKID: 29014
Garrison: Japanese Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by MIEO »

Welcome to coolest detachment Steve!

Have enjoy!
Buttercup
Name: Michelle
TKID: 24548
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Buttercup »

Welcome to the cold side of the Empire Steve! You're in the perfect place for a Snowie! Markus added the same link I was going to suggest. And WOW! You build R/C trucks too!! We used to build R/C trucks too for racing and professional rock crawling! That SAPS time! If you have any other questions we can help with, just give a shout!!
From out of the blinding snow we strike for the Empire to put our enemies on ice!!
Sn0wflake
Blizzard Force Deployed

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Sn0wflake »

Hello Mieo and Michelle and thanks for the "warm" welcome here in the Blizzard Force! Ha ha.
I'm looking to order a RS Props costume maybe as soon as next week (waiting for my credit card bill to roll over - won't have to pay it until the new year then ha ha)!
Yes, I build RC trucks but I build what they call here "Funktionsmodelle" rather than racing or trial trucks. I have (in various stages of build) a forklift, wheel loader, semi truck, rigid truck and a Sprinter van. But yes, it saps time. For the past two years I've had very little time to build my models which is quite frustrating. The Vader build is something to alleviate the frustration a little bit as it's going to be a long-term project but having a "good to go" snowie would be brilliant. I had two Kenner Snowie toys as a child (which my daughter now plays with) along with the e-web, AT-AT etc. ESB was and still is my favourite film of the saga and to be among the elite troopers who actually won a battle would be very cool indeed (pun intended)!

Sn0wflake
Blizzard Force Deployed

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Sn0wflake »

My daughter's re-enactment of the Battle of Hoth (not entirely film-accurate. There may have been fewer ewoks :D )! The snowies are stood in front of the AT-ST.
Attachments
IMG_1725.JPG
IMG_1725.JPG (181.8 KiB) Viewed 4687 times

BloodRayne
Name: Gianandrea Comande
TKID: 20791
Garrison: Ireland Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by BloodRayne »

Hello Steve !

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you have great fun on your build :)
Go raibh an fórsa leat!
Gianandrea Comandè
TS/TR/IG/TI/IC-20791

http://www.501st.com/members/displaymem ... ostumeID=3
flykiller
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Meat Popsicle
TKID: 74307
Garrison: French garrison

Post by flykiller »

Welcome Steve !
Sn0wflake
Blizzard Force Deployed

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Sn0wflake »

Well, I had to delay the project slightly as I was able to purchase some Vader parts for my other costume but my order has now gone in to RS Props so the first steps have been made. Also, today, my TRamp arrived so my Snowtrooper will have a voice!

Sn0wflake
Blizzard Force Deployed

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Sn0wflake »

Still waiting. This week the holster for my yet-to-be-received E-11 arrived and RS are due to start work on my costume any day. Getting closer!!!

Sn0wflake
Blizzard Force Deployed

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Sn0wflake »

Just got word from RS that my costume should be being posted tomorrow. Exciting times.