Preparing for Nor'easters in PA

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
C-A
Name: C-A
TKID: 5774
Garrison: Carida

Preparing for Nor'easters in PA

Post by C-A »

Hello everyone! My name is Eric Lavine. I am from the Reading/Lebanon area of Pennsylvania. I am already a 501st member with a Stormtrooper ANH Stunt armor and troop with Garrison Carida as TK-5774. I'm better known as "CA" there. That's because of my lack of prowess with ca glue as we assembled my TK armor. :wink:

I'm in the process of building a Snowtrooper Commander armor. It is from Dan Laws. I was told he makes great armor. It is already ordered, simply waiting for it now.

I've already ordered the welding gloves, the karate gi pants, and the moon boots. I'm outsourcing someone for my duster and if need be, I'm thinking of building my wrist compad myself (unless I come across some on here that sells a nice prop).

I'm so stoked on becoming a TS in addition to my TK. It's just one more step closer to becoming an all around Imperial grunt from the Original Trilogy. Next stop for me would be a Biker Scout.

I can't wait to learn more about all of you and Blizzard Force. So forgive my newbie-ness as I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions to ask.

Thanks for listening. Stay cool!
Eric "CA" Lavine
TK-5774
(working on TS Commander)
Garrison Carida
501st Legion
"Can anyone tell me where the hot chocolate is at?"
darthcashman
Snowtrooper Commander Liaison
Name: Darth Cashman
TKID: 42013
Garrison: Parjai

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Preparing for Nor'easters in PA

Post by darthcashman »

Welcome to blizzard force. Always nice to see another Snowy commander joining the ranks. I am the commander liason and happy to help, though it sounds like you're already pretty far on the way. You're right, Dan does make fantastic armor!

If you're looking for a commpad, there is a link in the supply list in the commander forum to the shapeways commpad parts, 3 separate pieces to assemble. Otherwise good luck, would love to see a hand made commpad kit!

Darth Cashman
TS42013
C-A

Post by C-A »

Thanks!

Yeah, I WAS going to go the hardware store route with my compad but came across Shapeways incredibly accurate one upon digging around here on the forums. It was a no-brainer once I saw that. I bought the Shapeways one instantly.

Only thing left is to visit a friend that knows how to sew and see if she can do my duster. Then I'm completely set save those little odds and ends that keep you from NEVER being done with your armor.
Eric "CA" Lavine
TK-5774
Garrison Carida
501st Legion
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Eric and welcome aboard!

Good luck with your TS journey :D
darthcashman

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by darthcashman »

There are a couple good sources for the duster available on here too for a variety of budgets.
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Great to hear! Welcome!
Winning every battle since 1980
C-A

Post by C-A »

Thanks guys. I'm pretty set up now. It just a matter of the things I've ordered or bought getting here now.

Quick Snowie Commander question though, anyone with a Dan Laws helmet... is that thing big enough for some small computer fans like I did with my TK bucket? Since I don't have the helmet yet, I haven't bought or thought much of the fan or padding situation yet. Anyone have some exerience with his helmet?
Eric "CA" Lavine
TK-5774
Garrison Carida
501st Legion
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

C-A wrote:Thanks guys. I'm pretty set up now. It just a matter of the things I've ordered or bought getting here now.

Quick Snowie Commander question though, anyone with a Dan Laws helmet... is that thing big enough for some small computer fans like I did with my TK bucket? Since I don't have the helmet yet, I haven't bought or thought much of the fan or padding situation yet. Anyone have some exerience with his helmet?
I have one for my commander. I can tell you that it's very large and more than spacious than you could ask for. I'm still trying to figure out a better padding solution as my ACH helmet pads aren't thick enough to grab onto my head.

For reference, I'm a big guy - 6'7"
Winning every battle since 1980
RebelRach
Merch / Public Relations Officer
Name: Rebel Rach
TKID: 15070
Garrison: Redback Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by RebelRach »

tubachris85x wrote:
C-A wrote:Thanks guys. I'm pretty set up now. It just a matter of the things I've ordered or bought getting here now.

I have one for my commander. I can tell you that it's very large and more than spacious than you could ask for. I'm still trying to figure out a better padding solution as my ACH helmet pads aren't thick enough to grab onto my head.

For reference, I'm a big guy - 6'7"
I dunno reading between the lines....I am hearing....big head? Just my thoughts :-). (kidding don't sack me!)
Snowtrooper Dan Laws Kit Build Thread: http://www.blizzardforce.com/forum/view ... =78&t=5491

darthcashman

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by darthcashman »

definitely room for a lot of fans and batteries. I have 4 fans and 2 9volt packs in my helmet. The way the helmet overlaps the cowl there is room to hide the packs at the overlap. My fan arrangement is two blowing on the lens and two as exhaust blowing out through the overlap in the back. If that helps at all. Definitely more room in there than in the anovos TK helmet
C-A

Post by C-A »

Thanks for the response folks! I figure I would only prepare once I got the bucket, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask awhile.
Eric "CA" Lavine
TK-5774
Garrison Carida
501st Legion
Buttercup
Name: Michelle
TKID: 24548
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Buttercup »

Ohhhhhhh, another Commander!! Super cool! Welcome to the cold side of the Empire Eric!
From out of the blinding snow we strike for the Empire to put our enemies on ice!!