Make it Snow

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Goalmember
Name: Michael

Make it Snow

Post by Goalmember »

Hello, I've been a long term fan of the 501st and after seeing so many of you at Celebration, my mind is set. I want to go Snow.
I'm in Ripon, slightly north of Leeds.
My name is Michael, I'm a year younger than Star Wars (ANH) and Star Wars has been a massive part of my social life for more than I can remember. I'm proud of the efforts put in by myself and others in being a part of a Star Wars Social Media non profit group. I've a hand full of "buckets" and feel like I'm ready for the next step.

Recent years have seen my Achilles develop a deteriorating condition and walking for more than a few KMs results in a bit of a limp which had put me off researching a 501st build.

I'm a father of 2, with a 13 year age gap between them and since we were told that we'd never have another, I was something of a defeatist, bringing this little chap into my life has made me realise, "If you believe it.... You can achieve it!" Which has spurred my decision on to don the duster.

My DIY skills are virtually ZERO and I've no tools to start so before I begin this project, I want to meet some new friends for advice and guidance.

Now I'm 6'2 and an xxl/xxxl build so my first call is .... Where do I start?

All info and interaction is most appreciated - thanks
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Make it Snow

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Michael and welcome to the coolest detachment of the 501st!

It's a good idea to build a snowtrooper, there cannot be enough of the undefeated men and women of the empire out there ;)

Maybe a good start would be Wayne's comparision thread: viewtopic.php?f=115&t=3580

After that you should have a look at the armor vendors: viewtopic.php?f=115&t=3611

Good luck with your TS journey :D
Sponge1981
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Rob Wilcock
TKID: 26714
Garrison: UK Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Sponge1981 »

☝️what he said, Wayne (guff) will be your main point of contact for clearance with the UKG however if you need any assistance feel free to give me a nudge.
Goalmember

Post by Goalmember »

Sponge1981 wrote:[WHITE UP POINTING INDEX]️what he said, Wayne (guff) will be your main point of contact for clearance with the UKG however if you need any assistance feel free to give me a nudge.
Thanks Sponge... My purchase is gonna be a month or two down the line but I'm as giddy as a kipper over it
Guff
Name: Wayne.
TKID: 23116

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Guff »

Hi Michael, welcome to the Detachment.

I'm presuming you've been in contact with a certain armour maker, not a million miles from your location? :)
Goalmember

Post by Goalmember »

Guff wrote:Hi Michael, welcome to the Detachment.

I'm presuming you've been in contact with a certain armour maker, not a million miles from your location? :)
Genuinely I've contacted no one yet - I'm on holiday from Tuesday and I'm on a spending ban until after I get back - I'm guessing by your comment that there is an armour maker near by?
Guff
Name: Wayne.
TKID: 23116

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Guff »

Yup.
Troopermaster - he's replied to one of your other posts... shoot him a pm. :)
Buttercup
Name: Michelle
TKID: 24548
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Buttercup »

Welcome Michael to the cold side of the Empire! The Snow Trooper is the best Trooper in the Empire!! It looks like they guys here have Ya pointed in the right direction! If there is anything we can answer for you don't hesitate to ask!!
From out of the blinding snow we strike for the Empire to put our enemies on ice!!