Hello from New Mexico

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Thrashtrooper6851
Name: Matt Chavez
TKID: 6851
Garrison: Dewback Ridge

Hello from New Mexico

Post by Thrashtrooper6851 »

Hello everyone I'm Matt from the Dewback Ridge Garrison here in New Mexico. I currently have a Sandtrooper and Tusken Raider and think it's time to get out of the dessert and into the cold. I'm planning on doing a TFA Snowtrooper. I was 1 of the 4 who pre ordered a kit from Walts Trooper Factory. Walts been making some awesome progress on the pack and it looks beautiful and I can't wait to see how the armor is going to turn out. I ordered the kit back in November for a special price so waiting isn't that big of a deal for me. I know there is a couple of makers out there that have started to take pre-orders on there kits such as KB Props and Jimi here on The forums. Both look pretty good but since I've already bitten the bullet and ordered from WTF I'm not really worried about the hard armor. The next big thing is the helmet. I've seen a couple out there and I believe the best one so far from SkyGunBros. I believe the markers name is Jason and his helmet is absolutely amazing. I would love to get one but I'm not to sure if he is going to do a second run. I do have one of his flame trooper helmets though and thought that maybe I could make the dome and face plate to change it into a Snowtrooper. Another helmet I thought of get was Jimi's his is also looking pretty good after all the input you all gave him. If there's anyone else making the bucket I would love to know.
So while I wait to get the hard parts I want to start some research on the soft parts. I have a friend who believes that she can make everything. I believe that there's 7 main parts that make up the soft parts. Duster, Shirt, Pants, Neckseal, Pouches, Gloves, and Boot covers. If I'm missing anything please let me know.
I have a pair of the Kamik boots but they are black so I will need to paint them white.

I'm going to start a post in the tfa section with all my questions and progress so far. I can't wait to meet all you and hopefully get this costume knocked out before C8.
Thrashtrooper6851
Name: Matt Chavez
TKID: 6851
Garrison: Dewback Ridge

Re: Hello from New Mexico

Post by Thrashtrooper6851 »

Also one last thing I would like to change my username to Thrashtrooper6851 if it's possible
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Matt and welcome to the coolest detachment of the empire!

Good luck with you TFA-TS journey :D
rellik
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Chris
TKID: 71239
Garrison: Mountain Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by rellik »

Welcome
"Don't Hate the Duster"
Blizzard Force Deployed
Veers 10th Mountain Militia
Imperial Bridge Crew Executor Level
Tie Reserve Pilot
Rocky Mountain Raptors
Buttercup
Name: Michelle
TKID: 24548
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Buttercup »

Welcome to the cold side of the Empire!! I too am wanting to do a TFA Snow Trooper. I've been collecting a few parts and am 3rd on list for one of SGBs buckets. I'm hoping he will start shipping out the helmets in the next few weeks! Good luck on your build and keep us posted. I'm hoping to start a WIP thread once I get rolling!
From out of the blinding snow we strike for the Empire to put our enemies on ice!!
spotter301
Galactic Marine Liaison
Name: Steve Potter
TKID: 11292
Garrison: UKG

Post by spotter301 »

Welcome and good luck with the build!
Find me on Twitter & Facebook
Social Media Manager for The Fly Casual Podcast
News & Reviews for The Bearded Trio
Literature Reviews for Jedi News