Hello from Missouri

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
CaptMal
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Brody
TKID: 31819

Hello from Missouri

Post by CaptMal »

Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself quickly. My name is Chris, and I am from Springfield, MO. I have recently befriended a member of the local 501st garrison, and we share a common love of all things Star Wars. He has gotten me really interested in joining up, and I would really like to get involved. I have never really done any kind of costuming like this before, though (beyond store-bought or very simplistic / amateur Halloween costumes), so I don't know very much about it.

I would really like to try to put together a snowtrooper costume, and was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction on how to get started. Are there any suggestions you guys could offer as to who makes good-quality, durable, reasonably-priced kits? I understand most of these come with assembly-required and usually only contain the hard-parts of the armor, which is no problem. I am willing to put in some time and effort to get this going, and my friend has offered to lend his expertise (although he has only done stormtrooper and Mandalorian kits before, never a snowtrooper). I understand the duster, pouches, gloves, boots, blaster, holster, etc would be separate purchases or would have to be made separately. I also have someone who could help me with sewing the soft parts if you guys think that is do-able. Any and all suggestions on how to get started with this are welcome. Thanks so much!

Chris
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Hello from Missouri

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Chris and welcome to the Blizzard Force!

Maybe the snowtrooper discussion is a good start for you: viewforum.php?f=78
There you can find a lot of WIPs, so you can see what to do to assemble a kit.

Another interesting point is the armor vendors section: viewforum.php?f=115

Hope this helps!