Hello from the Austin, TX area!

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Lancecriminal86
Name: David

Hello from the Austin, TX area!

Post by Lancecriminal86 »

Hello all!

A number of years ago, I contacted the Tyrannus legion in Virginia to start work on a Clone Trooper. I was set up with a kit from (I believe) R2Lass, and quickly found out that I'm "a bit short for a Clone Trooper". Most of the armor kits out there are set up for the 5'8" - 6'2" + ranges, and it looks like I'd have to do a LOT of work to get a TC set down to 5'6". It also doesn't help that I pretty much already messed one of the calves or spoons up already. Work situations changed, I got married, had kids, and the kit collected dust in a box.

So where does that leave me? Well I got my kit back out, but I'm still 5'6", so the Galactic Marine build seems to be less reliant on height in terms of armor scale. I'm aware that it uses some pieces from the CT kit, however I'm tempted to do a ground-up GM whenever I can afford it and use the existing TC kit for a non-Canon midget ARC type build or something closer to Galac-Tac.

My budget right now is basically zero thanks to 2x kids in daycare, but I want to start researching and planning things out now. It seems like I could use the existing arm parts minus the right shoulder bell, but with so few parts transferring over might as well just get a new kit.

It also made sense that I was a Marine, so why troop anything but a GM?
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Hello from the Austin, TX area!

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi David and welcome to the Blizzard Force!

Good luck with your GM journey :D
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Well I gotta say it's funny, I just moved to Northern VA this past year. My ideal city to live in would be Austin, so welcome lol
Winning every battle since 1980
Lancecriminal86
Name: David

Post by Lancecriminal86 »

Just ejected from Alexandria in 2014! I prefer the pace out here. More room to shoot too.

I've got a decent idea on kit suppliers so far. I remember it being very tough when I first got on Clonetrooper.net at first to figure out who made what. The Vendor/Supplier list has been very helpful so far.