whats up from West TN

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
alexmorris21
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Alex Morris
TKID: 72319
Garrison: Midsouth Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

whats up from West TN

Post by alexmorris21 »

Hey everyone, just another noob here. I am very set on joining the 501st but, I haven't decided on a costume yet. I have looked into the Biker Scout and I like it but before I commit, I wanted to give the Snow Trooper Commander a look. I'm a bigger guy at 5'10" and 255lbs. so I'm trying to stick with the costumes that use some soft armor. I am mainly here in search of pricing info. I haven't dived into this forum yet so hopefully I can find what I'm looking for, but if you guys have any links or info to share it would be greatly appreciated!
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: whats up from West TN

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Alex and welcome to the Blizzard Force!
alexmorris21
Blizzard Force Deployed

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by alexmorris21 »

Captain_Wordo wrote:Hi Alex and welcome to the Blizzard Force!
Thanks man! BTW, I just read through your entire snow trooper build thread. great work man! I enjoyed the reading and the in depth pictures very much. It will grow tremendously in views if I decide to build the snow trooper! I'm set on joining the 501st but I'm having trouble deciding on what I want to build. I have been torn between the Tie pilot, scout trooper, and the snow trooper/commander, however, when I saw the new snow trooper action figure from the force awakens, I haven't been able to get it out of my head. I saw a sale thread for a First order snow trooper helmet and asked the guy if the FO Snow trooper is 501st approved yet and he said the CRL is currently being worked on. So maybe I have just decided what my suit will be?? My only concern is where to get all the pieces from. Do you think the established vendors will sell the new pieces or will new vendors come into the picture?
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Thank you very much! :D

Well, to be honest, I have no idea, who will sell the parts for the FO snowtrooper or how long the crl for it will take. Because of this it may take a bit longer for you to join the 501st.

If I had to choose again, I would choose again the classic snowtrooper, cause this is the new armor that was seen first in "empire strikes back" and is one of the reasons cause I fell in love with Star Wars. Many years as adult I had no idea that it would be possible to buy an armor or even troop in it. Back in 2012 I visited an event of the 501st in a theme-park together with my son. He was 9 years old than and was simply speechless... the only thing he could say was:"cool, so cool". There were many different troopers and they were amazing, the whole atmosphere was overwhelming, even for me. I saw the troopers and all the kids and adults, they had so much fun. And I saw the BIG smile of my son! That was the moment when I decided that I want to become also member. At that time TCW was very popular in the TV and I thought that my armor should be a clone trooper... but this felt somehow wrong to me... at that moment I didn't know why, but today I do and I'll write it in the next sentences ;)

So I searched more, time passed by, and I found out, that I wanted an armor that I already knew for a long time... not a clone, it should be an OT-armor, cause that was what I grew up with. I have nothing against clone-armor and maybe one day in the future I'll also own one, but my very first armor should be something special!

Okay, after I recognized that I want OT armor, I thought "sandtrooper, they're so cool and simply bada$$" ;) I did a lot of research and while I did that, I again felt that the sandtrooper is not the right armor... again time passed by... and one day, after thinking forth and back and writing with another member, I decided that MY armor can only be an (surprise :D) OT-TK, an ANH-Stunt and it felt right and still it does ;) It is my first armor and it is something special to me. It will always be the white armor, that I saw so many years ago, back in my childhood, after my dad pressed the play-button of the "betamax"-videorecorder and "STAR WARS" was on the tv... I sat in front of it and dived into another world... into a galaxy far far away ;)

Last year, when the first pictures of the FO-trooper came out, I again decided to get an OT costume and so I added my snowtrooper and I LOVE it :D In comparrison with my TK it is so comfy (well, I don't know if the FO-armors are comfy :?:) . And don't forget, they're undefeated ;)

Well, this post got longer than I thought when I started ;) Maybe this post is nevertheless helpful for you, simply cool down, push aside all other opinions and try to find which armor you really LOVE. I think that should be your first ;)

Good luck with your trooper journey and all the best from germany :)
alexmorris21
Blizzard Force Deployed

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by alexmorris21 »

You`re welcome! I have done some more research on the FO snowie and it seems that it will be a long while before armor is available and the CRL is done. And since I'm impatient and want to join the 501st ASAP I am now pretty much stuck on the scout trooper.

I can only imagine how cool it was to see the troops at a meet in person for the first time! I found out of an event in my area later this month and I am so excited for it! I have never seen true armor in person and ive grown up with star wars my whole life as well. I was born in `94 so I didn't see them back when they came out but I still remember running around as a kid pretending to be a storm trooper. I would go for the stunt armor as well, but I'm 5'10" and 255lbs so I feel like I would be a little big for it to look right. I went with the Scout because I remember always thinking they were cool as a kid because you didn't see them in the movie as much as you did the regular ones and because the suit has soft armor on the body where I think the stunt kit`s hard armor wouldn't fit right on me.

I saw the pictures and trailers too and really liked the FO trooper a lot. I wouldn't mind building one of those but I wont because of the same reason of not building a stunt kit. I picked up an action figure that was the FO snowie and that's when I feel in love with it. I never have cared much for the soft covering of the OT snowie helmet mainly because of the material the 501st requires you to build it with. I think it would look much better with a material that flowed well instead of it making creases like it currently does.

I'm glad you said you thought your snowie was comfortable because that is another reason why I wanted to go for the scout, tie pilot, or snowie! Ive read in threads that sitting down easily is a nice bonus on those costumes too.

I wouldn't worry too much about the long post, it seems that I have the same disorder lol!
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Scout Trooper are also nice. There is also the possibility to build it as a Snow Scout ;)

I think there are not so many of them out there, so that would be may an option for you :)

And yes, to sit down in a snowie is really a nice bonus :D

Btw, if you're later still interested in a TK you can check out the stormtrooper detachment http://www.whitearmor.net, there you can find a ton of information even for the "bigger" guys ;)
alexmorris21
Blizzard Force Deployed

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by alexmorris21 »

Yeah I have looked at the snow scout and liked it but I really liked the regular scout and regular snowie better lol

I will probably get on that forum as well and just see what info is out there. If its possible for my body to fit in one, I just may go that route instead but....... I would like to be able to sit down and squat down to the kids too :) lol
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Captain_Wordo »

No problem, it's up to you ;)