Greetings from North Wales UK

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Guff
Name: Wayne.
TKID: 23116
Garrison: UK Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Greetings from North Wales UK

Post by Guff »

Whilst I agree with you Chris, the 501st CRL still states either way. This is maybe what Mark was following.
I know your proposed revised draft requires upside down (what is actually seen in the reference pics), so how near are you to getting your draft accepted on the main 501st CRL?
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Guff wrote:Whilst I agree with you Chris, the 501st CRL still states either way. This is maybe what Mark was following.
I know your proposed revised draft requires upside down (what is actually seen in the reference pics), so how near are you to getting your draft accepted on the main 501st CRL?
The new LMO granted me access to the actual CRL pages for me to edit them directly. There was a lock on the snowy and commander which he unlocked today actually, so I need to go in there and correct not only this, but quite a few things. I have made a thread with the proposed changes which is viewable to everyone here so people know what's up
Winning every battle since 1980
Pantzman
Name: Mark Baker
TKID: 63932

Post by Pantzman »

Thanks for the info Chris and Wayne.
The points raised during application were more to do with me not knowing the correct way to wear pieces. I've shoulder bells at wrong angle, bunching of duster around forearms etc because of not pulling them through forearm armour. Etc.will try again today
DisposablHero
TKID: 23388
Garrison: Badlands Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by DisposablHero »

Hey Mark, do you have anyone from your local garrison anywhere near you that can help you with your submission pics? Between the 501st and the Mercs we do a fair number of submission photos here and the best advice I can give you is to have as many eyes as possible when doing your pics (preferably people that know the costume, or at least can study up on it). There can always be issues with how a costume is worn especially if your handler doesn't really know anything about the costume...and since you can't see yourself all that well things can get weird. Between some of my costumes I've gone out with belts on the wrong way, shoulder armour on completely wrong and other little things. That's why on my costumes now I try to permanently attach as much as I can so they can't be put on wrong.
Sorry kind of tired here but back to my main point...see if you can get someone from your garrison to help you out, get them to read the CRL and look at pics of the screen worn or any reference picture. It will help a lot.
"It's a little known fact that every Canadian citizen is born with a sharp, serrated edge somewhere on their body as protection from polar bears and enraged Quebecois."
-Questionable Content webcomic #643
Dr Feeley Good
TKID: 15369
Garrison: Uk Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Dr Feeley Good »

Pantzman wrote:Yes mate it was. Found it through Facebook. Very pleased with it so far Bit worried about the boots and how long they will last though.
Thought its was,was really tempted myself...looks brilliant ! Well done for getting it..
Pantzman

Post by Pantzman »

Just an update for those who may not know I have now been approved. TS63932. Big Thanks to Guff ( amongst others) for being patient with my frustration and newbie questions.
Dr Feeley Good
TKID: 15369
Garrison: Uk Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Dr Feeley Good »

Well done...hopefully I will troop with you soon
Guff
Name: Wayne.
TKID: 23116
Garrison: UK Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Guff »

Nice one Mark.
Now get out there and command!! :D
DisposablHero

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by DisposablHero »

Congrats man!
"It's a little known fact that every Canadian citizen is born with a sharp, serrated edge somewhere on their body as protection from polar bears and enraged Quebecois."
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Congrats! :)
Pantzman

Post by Pantzman »

Thanks guys , Wrexham will be my first. Bit of a small one I think.
DisposablHero

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by DisposablHero »

Small events are, almost always, the best ones in my opinion anyway. Large cons, while fun in their own way, don't allow you the freedom to spend time with people and connect.