Enormous Queenslander with frosty dreams

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
MyKill
Name: Michael
TKID: 20552
Garrison: Redback Garrison

Enormous Queenslander with frosty dreams

Post by MyKill »

Hello everyone,

I'm a cadet with the Redback Garrison, where winter temperatures currently plunge to a little as 1°C (you can actually see your breath :o ). I've got some definite ideas for where I want to go, but there is one thing dominating my life right now: BOOTS!

You see I am 6'8" tall weigh 265lbs (yet look 220), and have size 15US feet... Apart from helmets fitting over my 64cm melon (efx tk = fail, my eyes got to the frown!) The major barrier to any costume, has been footwear.

So my first question is this, do mukluks come close to a size 15 (won't need liners, especially in summer - I described QLD in summer as Nevada heat, with Louisiana humidity to someone from Vegas, and she agrees!). If they don't, well "moonboots" sound nice :D

But the big long term plan is for a wampa.
I figure 15" drywall stilts put me around 8 feet in costume! Don't know if I'm going original, or special edition, but I'll probably do a version without the stilts/arm extensions (for inside troops).

I've been joking with our resident snowie about deleted scene skit opportunities. :P

I'm currently half way through a warrant officer (ANH & ROTJ), and planning a biker scout (being cheap, snow scout is appealing to me - but mukluks!)

So (he says beating what looks suspiciously like a dead horse), to mukluk or not to mukluk, that is the question?

Oh, you should also know, I'm not just very large, I also have a twisted sense of humour, but that's just because I'm a weirdo! :shock:
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Enormous Queenslander with frosty dreams

Post by tubachris85x »

Ay, If you're 6'8", you're only an inch taller than me, however you seem to be much thinner!

I too, wear size 15-16 (depending on the shoe make) but my mukluks are a size 12 and I wear them with the liners.

I'd definitely do a wampa if I had more time and ambition, but yea..just cause you're big doesn't mean you can't do a snowtrooper

Guess which one is me

Winning every battle since 1980
MyKill

Post by MyKill »

Well, I'd have to guess that your the one that looks like me in every family photo since I was 14...

The fact that there's only one snowie in the room helps too (but I'm guessing that even if you were in a group of snow troopers I'd still be able to pick you out - from orbit)

I have a photo of myself with one of our RL Chewies in his 15" stilts, we're eye to eye!

I'm not that thin ( I'm famine resistant), just need to work on beefing my upper body up. I've got dense bones, people tend to bounce off me, when they think I should step out of their way (like cutting off a Mack truck in a Volkswagen)

Do you get asked if you play basketball too?
How about the reactions when you're in line and the person in front sees you in their peripheral vision?
And when you meet someone taller, does that feel weird, like you're supposed to be the tallest in the room, darn it?

Sorry, off topic big dude rant, won't happen again [fingers crossed behind back]

Sweet about the boots, I thought so, I'm in contact with some guy on UsedOttowa, and the largest he sees are a 12, so good news (custom mukluks from IB didn't seem likely)

Who did your armour and helmet, the shoulder bells look really proportionate to you, I've been worried I'll look too spaced out with the hard armour. I've been so focused on mukluks, I haven't done any real research on armour.

Sorry, I tend to post in paragraphs.

MyKill.
TRDNiteLife
Name: Andrew Z
TKID: 71913
Garrison: Florida Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by TRDNiteLife »

Welcome, Michael.
MyKill

Post by MyKill »

Thank you.
Buttercup
Name: Michelle
TKID: 24548
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Buttercup »

Welcome to the cold side of the Empire Micheal! The great thing about the Snowie is that it's great for troopers of all sizes. My husband is 6'3" and is working on his too! If you need any help just shout. We are here to help ya! :)
From out of the blinding snow we strike for the Empire to put our enemies on ice!!
MyKill

Post by MyKill »

:twisted: who is this Micheal you speak of? :P My name is Michael :wink: (or MyKill, no one gets it till you say it out loud, unless the forum gives the game away!)
Sorry, pet peeve! All good :D

I finally found smilies that sum me up :twisted:, :twisted: :geek: this one even looks like me :ugeek:
:lol:
MyKill

Post by MyKill »

But yes, I've definitely narrowed my choices down to armours that have softer parts In the middle (both for height as well as for "girth fluctuations".
I don't think a TK or similar is anywhere in my near future, and I'm OK with that, I like the rarer characters anyway. Any decent sized troop will have TK's, I want to bring something different to the table.

I thought about a purge trooper from TFU, but that would be waaaaaay custom, (is it wrong that I threw wookies at them in the game?). What detachment would that even go in? Eclipse?

Sorry off topic, apart from MC, if anyone knows a trusted/accurate maker that can cater to a big dude, pm me the details please, I'd appreciate it immensely.
In the meantime, back to trolling the board for nuggets of information. (Can't wait to own a bucket, so I can necropost that picture challenge! )
MyKill

Post by MyKill »

On an unrelated note, a 181st tie helmet fit nicely, so AT-AT driver is a possibility!

Wrong detachment, I know. But the moonboots are a crossover item.
MyKill

Post by MyKill »

Me again, I just found out something new about the human body.

Did you know that your feet can keep growing as an adult? I do now, they hit a 15 back in '94, and I thought that's where they'd stay -
nope. I put my foot on one of those shoestore gauges and I'm about 1mm off a 16...
16!!!(and I thought 15's were hard to find?)

Sigh... The only silver lining is that 5min later I found out Chuck all stars go to a 16 now in Aus, and they will make a nice base for a bunch of 501st stuff.
MyKill

Post by MyKill »

I'm back, if only to crow about my 501st membership!

ID/IC/TI:RP 20552 MyKill reporting in.

Once I take the RP off that last one I'm moving onto a more involved build - I'm still deciding what!
MyKill

Post by MyKill »

I've decided.

I'm leaving my full TI aside for now.

And building a snow scout

I know I can get mukluks big enough, and I now know that an SC scout bucket can fit my enormous head, I also like that it's a weird costume and whoever wrangles me will hear the question "what's that?" A million times :p

Now, I go to dredge the ancient depths of the forum for information.
MyKill

Post by MyKill »

The TI is back on again, so I give up trying to predict what will peak my interest costume wise anymore, I want to build too many things at the same time - so nothing actually happens. :roll:

However I did just laybuy a pair of beater marshalltown Skywalkers from a pawn shop as a practice set (needs new foot straps) - so something 8 feet tall could be eventually on the cards.