Hello from Toronto, Ontario, Canada!

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
MechaPumpkin
Name: Danny
TKID: 66668
Garrison: Canadian Garrison

Hello from Toronto, Ontario, Canada!

Post by MechaPumpkin »

Hi there!!

My name is Dan Steinberg, and I am from Toronto, Ontario Canada. I just finished building my TK and have submitted my application to the 501st. While I still have some tweaks to do on that kit, they're more for mobility and to achieve the second and third tier CRLs (EIB and Centurion, over there). The thing is, I LOVED building my TK so much, and everyone in my (future) garrison has been so amazing, I don't want to stop building even for a minute. So on to my next project!

It may be May, but winter is coming. Canada can get pretty cold, and I want to be prepared. Also, I strongly suspect my neighbours are constructing a shield generator, and well . . . you gotta keep up with the Joneses.

Seriously though, I love the TS, and I believe we need more of them in Canada, so here I am! I don't know if anyone is interested in seeing my build thread over on the FISD, but I can post that, if only to get to know me.

I would love a hand getting pointed in the right direction, so if someone can tell me where to start, that would be great. I have NO idea how this build will differ from a TK, but I am ready to start my hundreds of hours of research!

Thanks! Hoping for your coldest reception ;)
57Chevyss
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Stephen Sultana
TKID: 21539
Garrison: Capital City

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Hello from Toronto, Ontario, Canada!

Post by 57Chevyss »

Welcome Dan,

Nice to see another future TS in Toronto.
Buttercup
Name: Michelle
TKID: 24548
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Buttercup »

Welcome to the cold side of the Empire Dan! While the TK is an awesome costume, you'll love the Snowie because we are cooler!! :) hahahaha! Ok, enough if that. A TS IS easier to troop in I believe. There are many armorers out there but I think it's easier to start with finding the soft parts. Mucklucks, and dusters are the hardest. Painters pants are easy and the hard armor is a breeze compared to the TK build! Check out the armorers section and ask LOTS of questions. We are here to help!
From out of the blinding snow we strike for the Empire to put our enemies on ice!!
MechaPumpkin

Post by MechaPumpkin »

Thanks Stephen! Are you a 501st member yet? If not, have you spoken to people at the Canadian Garrison? EDIT: Just saw your TKID. Hope to meet you soon!

Thanks for the chilly welcome Michelle! I am super psyched about this build, since I now have one done, the pressure seems a little less. (although I am anxiously awaiting my 501st approval as I type this). This is going to be a lot of fun, and I can't wait to get up to some hijinx in my TS during our snowy Canadian winters. I will check out the sections you mentioned and I'm going to see if I can get in touch with some TS in the Canadian Garrison. The soft parts is a nice place to start, thanks for the heads-up!
TRDNiteLife
Name: Andrew Z
TKID: 71913
Garrison: Florida Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by TRDNiteLife »

Welcome, Dan. The TS was my first armor build and I enjoyed it.
DisposablHero
TKID: 23388
Garrison: Badlands Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by DisposablHero »

Welcome fellow Canucklehead! I miss being in ON, but now I'm out in SK. I think you'll really enjoy the TS. I was doing a Fett costume before this and Nihilus as well and I have to say I am so much happier with the TS. There's just something about it that seems so appropriate for our Canadian climate.

As stated before the soft parts are a good place to start, though that depends on who you intend to get your armour from. Most of them have pretty decent turnaround times now, with the exception of MC (which is who I got mine from...12months of waiting). Nice part is Muklucks are crazy easy to get up here, pretty much any surplus store will have them.
"It's a little known fact that every Canadian citizen is born with a sharp, serrated edge somewhere on their body as protection from polar bears and enraged Quebecois."
-Questionable Content webcomic #643
berzerker
Blizzard Force Deployed
TKID: 9223
Garrison: Capital City Garrison

Post by berzerker »

Hey Dan. Welcome to the BF.

Here in Ottawa we're growing our TS numbers to adapt to our climate as well. I've got a GM and just finished my TS Commander which I'll be bringing to Fan Expo.

Looking forward to meeting you and renewing old ties with the CG members in a couple months.

GM-9223
SchratVader
Name: Ralf
TKID: 4996
Garrison: German Garrison

Post by SchratVader »

Welcome to the Blizzard Force Dan!
Great to see you here!
Greetings Schrat ;-)
MechaPumpkin

Post by MechaPumpkin »

Hi fellow Canadians, and Ralf!!

I am actually building 181st TIE and my TS simultaneously. It'll be a slow process, but this way I didn't have to decide, hahaha

See you at FanExpo Bezerker. I'll be the guy dressed as half TK, half Joker, some of the time!