Hello from RI

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
JeffLaw
Name: Jeff Hedden

Hello from RI

Post by JeffLaw »

Hey y'all, My name is Jeff I am a 27 yr old tennis teacher and I am coming off the snowiest winter in Rhode Islands history. This will be my first attempt at any suit and I thought that Blizzard Force and the Snowtrooper were the perfect choice for me!!! So I have never made a costume and am anxious and eager to get started! I need all the help that I can get with supplies and resources so please anyone fire away!!!
DisposablHero
TKID: 23388
Garrison: Badlands Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Hello from RI

Post by DisposablHero »

Welcome Jeff! My first suggestion would be to start digging through Snowtrooper Discussion area. There should also be a thread around here where you can get/request the info on the armour suppliers, unfortunately I don't have that. Be sure to research who you're ordering your armour from first as they are different sizes, turnaround times, and amount of assembly.

Are you already a member of the 501st? Have you done a costume for a club like this before?

Ask any questions you need, hopefully one of us will get back to you relatively quickly ;)
"It's a little known fact that every Canadian citizen is born with a sharp, serrated edge somewhere on their body as protection from polar bears and enraged Quebecois."
-Questionable Content webcomic #643
JeffLaw

Post by JeffLaw »

No I have not done anything like this before so this is a first for me. I am just combing the boards looking at helpful hints that others have put on here in the past. I am not a 501st member yet.... I'm not sure how the whole process goes to be honest... just figured I would start with research then go from there!!! THANKS
DisposablHero

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by DisposablHero »

To become a member of the 501st you basically have to have an approved costume. What you do is build your costume to the standards of the 501st (essentially your kit needs to look like it could have just been on screen) and then you submit an application on the 501st main board.

What you are doing now is the fist and best step. Figure out what costume you want to do and then get advice/help from the detachment your costume belongs to (in this case Blizzard Force). Once your costume is complete and up to standards then you would submit your application to the 501st.

The other important thing I can suggest is contacting your local Garrison if you have not already. The 501st is the overall group. Detachments are groupings of like costumes. The Garrison is the level you'll be most concerned with though. They are your fellow local troopers. The men and women you will most often go to events with. The garrison for your area is the NEG (New England Garrison). I would highly recommend you sign up on their boards and introduce yourself the same way you are here (assuming you have not already done so). Also attending local events and meeting with the members in person can be a great help, and if you're lucky someone near you does occasional or regular armour parties. Here's the link to the garrison board if you haven't checked them out already: http://www.501neg.com/commlink/
"It's a little known fact that every Canadian citizen is born with a sharp, serrated edge somewhere on their body as protection from polar bears and enraged Quebecois."
JeffLaw

Post by JeffLaw »

AWESOME THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!
DisposablHero

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by DisposablHero »

nil perspiration, chummer! That's why we are here.
TRDNiteLife
Name: Andrew Z
TKID: 71913
Garrison: Florida Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by TRDNiteLife »

Welcome to the BF, Jeff. Everything you need is just a few clicks away.
Jancelot
TKID: 393
Garrison: Golden Gate

Post by Jancelot »

Welcome to the chilly side!
Buttercup
Name: Michelle
TKID: 24548
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Buttercup »

Welcome to the cold side of the Empire Jeff!! The Snow Trooper was my first costume too! Read, read, read, and ask lots of questions! We are here to help you get going in the right direction!!
From out of the blinding snow we strike for the Empire to put our enemies on ice!!
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

^^^^^ Good info above!! Welcome!
Winning every battle since 1980
JeffLaw

Post by JeffLaw »

thanks everyone.. I am currently waiting on a response from the new england garrison to unlock the forums!!! Is their a best way to start with the costume or just go randomly piece by piece???

cheers
Fivehole
Name: Fivehole
TKID: 53677
Garrison: NEG

Post by Fivehole »

Hey Jeff. I'm a member of NEG and live just south of Boston. I am also in the early stages of building a snowie. Happy to compare notes and share what I've learned. NEG is a great crew.
TI/TS/ID 53677 - Fivehole
NEG
JeffLaw

Post by JeffLaw »

awesome thanks five hole... ya I'm still waiting on my approval for forum use.... which place are you getting your equipment from... I'm looking at far way creations at the moment so i was going to contact them