Hello From CO

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
QuazyMegga22
Name: Matt Gierhart

Hello From CO

Post by QuazyMegga22 »

I've come from beyond (clonetroopers.net) to ask assistance.

I have not had time to slog through the treads on this forum, but plan to in the near future.

I desire to build myself a McQuarrie concept snowtrooper and find myself lost in a few of the techniques used to build armor.
I don't know how to begin molding the chest and back armor.
I have found a khaki flight suit to use, but it is a bit too dark in color. Can anyone tell me some way to fade the color a bit?
I have an idea for the Kama and it should be fun to make. Or is it supposed to be a part of the coat?
Unfortunately, I am so lost with the helmet I might end up buying one from someone, if they still make them.
Also, does anyone have a completed McQuarrie Snowtrooper costume? I have searched the great plains of the internet and have come up empty-handed.

I hope to be joining the ranks of the 501st if they'll have a concept snowy (me).
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Hello From CO

Post by tubachris85x »

Hey Matt!

Currently there is no known person to have completed a concept. I know of the helmet maker you speak of. I do know there will need to be a lot of evaluation of the armor and how it should be produced, so right now, there's no set guide for this style, but it's not to say it can't be done

As for fading it? Probably over-washing it, don't bleach though. I'm sure someone with better techniques could chime in
Winning every battle since 1980
Midniterider
Galactic Marine Liaison
TKID: 7462
Garrison: Carida

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Midniterider »

We have a raw McQuarrie Snowtrooper concept helmet kit. It is actually two (2) pieces, just like a Darth Vader helmet -- face and a dome. The vendor / helmet maker information is located over in the HYPERBOREAN ARSENAL section of the Blizzard Force forums.
Ken "Tank" Querio
TS - 7462
Garrison Carida

" STRIKING HARD AND FAST...WITH BLIZZARD FORCE! "
QuazyMegga22

Post by QuazyMegga22 »

Thanks, I wouldn't have thought of over-washing. my original idea was bleach, but i didn't think it would come out right. Then I thought about leaving it out in the sun, but it would take a long time and I might forget about it and have it snowed on.

Yea, getting it approved is going to be a pain. I have four drawings of it by McQuarrie, but none of them are the same. There are a few different things about each drawing and I want to combine each to get the best looking representation.

Thanks, I just looked at the helmet kit, but I will need a picture before deciding to buy it. I'm also not sure if they still sell the kit since the thread was posted in 2010. I'll send them a PM to make sure.
Midniterider
Galactic Marine Liaison
TKID: 7462
Garrison: Carida

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Midniterider »

QuazyMegga22 wrote:Thanks, I wouldn't have thought of over-washing. my original idea was bleach, but i didn't think it would come out right. Then I thought about leaving it out in the sun, but it would take a long time and I might forget about it and have it snowed on.

Yea, getting it approved is going to be a pain. I have four drawings of it by McQuarrie, but none of them are the same. There are a few different things about each drawing and I want to combine each to get the best looking representation.

Thanks, I just looked at the helmet kit, but I will need a picture before deciding to buy it. I'm also not sure if they still sell the kit since the thread was posted in 2010. I'll send them a PM to make sure.

I will post up some pictures tonight over on the concept thread.

We just bought the helmet kit about 1.5 years ago, so it was rather recent. Perhaps we can compare notes, as I am looking to get this project back on track. We will post up our progress over on the thread.
Ken "Tank" Querio
TS - 7462
Garrison Carida

" STRIKING HARD AND FAST...WITH BLIZZARD FORCE! "
Buttercup
Name: Michelle
TKID: 24548
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Buttercup »

Welcome to the cold side of the Empire Matt. That's a neat idea of a suit. I can't wait to see some of your progress pics. Good luck and if there's anything we can help ya with give a yell! :)
From out of the blinding snow we strike for the Empire to put our enemies on ice!!
QuazyMegga22

Post by QuazyMegga22 »

It could take me a long while to start on making the costume
Right now I am trying to plan everything out before jumping into the deep end.
I also have to bring up the funds to pay for the materials. Then after that finding a constant time to work on it.

So a WIP thread is quite a ways off. But hopefully when/if I start I will try to take a pic every couple of hours or so, just to be thorough in the documentation of the project.

I have thought about how to make each part, but the chest and back pieces are confusing me.
How do I make the chest piece, do I get a display bust and layer clay or something on to it to make a mold, or what?

I just want a solid plan before dumping a lot of time and money into this project and end up over looking something and ultimately giving up.