Hello from Rio Rancho, New Mexico

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
RRsnowman
Blizzard Force Deployed

Hello from Rio Rancho, New Mexico

Post by RRsnowman »

Hello.

I have decided to join the local garrison (New Mexico - Dewback Ridge) of the 501st Legion. A life-long Star Wars fan, I recently helped my librarian wife with a Stars Wars Festival event she organized at the local library last month where several members of the garrison attended.

After talking to garrison members and seeing the impact they had at this event, I decided I wanted to join and help carry out the mission of this wonderful organization.

Empire Strikes Back has always been my favorite of the films and the reason for my Snowtropper costume choice.

I now begin the journey of putting together my costume. Since I am not skilled in building anything, I now seek help acquiring the necessary pieces. If anybody has any recommendations on vendors or sites to buy costume pieces, I would greatly appreciate their contact information. After I hit send on this, my first post, I plan to search the other posts for costuming tips/recommendations as well.

Regards.

P. Wells
hottoysmax
Name: Gabriel Flores
TKID: 10422
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Hello from Rio Rancho, New Mexico

Post by hottoysmax »

Welcome to the BF, after you have taken a look at other post and become more familar with the costume and what is required feel free to message me and i will get you some further info.
IanL
TKID: 7197

Post by IanL »

I spent a year in Rio Rancho in 2000. My son was born at St. Joseph's hospital.

Welcome to BF!
Ian Lindsay............Former Blizzard Force Detachment Leader.........Golden Gate Garrison........TS/BH/RC-7197
Midniterider
Galactic Marine Liaison
TKID: 7462
Garrison: Carida

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Midniterider »

RRsnowman wrote:Hello.

I have decided to join the local garrison (New Mexico - Dewback Ridge) of the 501st Legion. A life-long Star Wars fan, I recently helped my librarian wife with a Stars Wars Festival event she organized at the local library last month where several members of the garrison attended.

After talking to garrison members and seeing the impact they had at this event, I decided I wanted to join and help carry out the mission of this wonderful organization.

Empire Strikes Back has always been my favorite of the films and the reason for my Snowtropper costume choice.

I now begin the journey of putting together my costume. Since I am not skilled in building anything, I now seek help acquiring the necessary pieces. If anybody has any recommendations on vendors or sites to buy costume pieces, I would greatly appreciate their contact information. After I hit send on this, my first post, I plan to search the other posts for costuming tips/recommendations as well.

Regards.

P. Wells
Welcome to Blizzard Force. Please do not hesitate to drop me a PM, and I can discuss some options for acquiring the armor. There are some really good kits out there that will have all the materials, including the small hardware items such as rivets and buttons, to complete the build. In the meantime, as Hottoysmax has suggested, glance over the Snowtrooper section of the Blizzard Force academy. There is a lot of information and great WIP's ( Work In Progress - a visual thread showing one's costume build).
Ken "Tank" Querio
TS - 7462
Garrison Carida

" STRIKING HARD AND FAST...WITH BLIZZARD FORCE! "
AT-AT2010
Blizzard Force Deployed
TKID: 6708
Garrison: Florida

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by AT-AT2010 »

Welcome to Blizzard Force, the COOLEST detachment in the Legion.
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Welcome!!
Winning every battle since 1980