Noob from Florida

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Banzai88
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Banzai88
TKID: 1588
Garrison: Imperial Sands Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Banzai88 »

Thanks for the 411; I'm heading to my local surplus store tomorrow!
ImageImage
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Hmm

I just got the older style uniform web belts. I measured the width (just to double check!) and its perfect. I actually am starting to think the webing design is more accurate, but I cannot say for sure. I'm going to get these all dyed up in some tea..and then attach the velcro. I am actually going to try and sew..I've never been too successful with that :ugh:

Will post pics later.

Also, I know I am only posting this progress here in my "welcome" thread, but that is to not clutter the rest of the forum. Once I actually get armor, I'll start a thread of my own, but until then, I'll just worry about my boots.

-TC
Winning every battle since 1980
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Well, here it is as of right now. I really messed up the weathering with the straps so far, but I think I'll just bleach them and start over, and make them more white. I might try to bleach the boots themselves. They are too yellow, and almost look nothing like the screen used, so I'll see what I can do.

Anyways, heres the quick mock up. I still need to make some adjustmenst, sew the velcro and then rivet them into place

I also figured I wouldnt get enough support from the straps alone..so if you can see, I took on the laces and tied it up and around, so that it helps, but is not as visible.

-TC
Winning every battle since 1980