Greetings from North Texas

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
ninusyim
Name: Brian
TKID: 17620
Garrison: Star Garrison

Greetings from North Texas

Post by ninusyim »

Hi all. My name is Brian and I live up (or down) in Denton Texas.
I've been hanging out over at the FISD slowly working towards a ESB TK but I thought I would stick my head over here and say hi. You see out of all the action figures I had as a kid I played with my snowtrooper the most.
My holy trinity of costumes I would eventually like to end up with is an ESB TK, ESB Navy Trooper, and of course a Snowtrooper.
I'm currently working on a Dooby ESB Canon E-11 build which brings me to my first question. I noticed in the Snowy CRL that the canon E-11 is the one listed but I could have swore that the stunt/promo E-11 was the one that was needed for a snowy? Ultimately it won't matter because the next weapons build I'm going to do when I get to it is an ESB Promo ( I really do love that movie).
Anyway I look forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully one day in the future we will be discussing my TS (am I right on that designation?) build!

Take care.
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Greetings from North Texas

Post by tubachris85x »

Hey Brian!

Glad that you found your way here and welcome!!

To answer your question regarding the CRL and the weapon, by 501st rules, for submission of approval, your weapon is not "required" so for us to enforce that a specific blaster be used is almost null. I know what you're saying though, and that's another aspect to accuracy that we can stress, but our primary focus is the wearable costume itself. Now, if you see a snowtrooper running around with a prom Assault Rifle from Halo, well, you got my permission to correct them on the spot!
Winning every battle since 1980
ninusyim

Post by ninusyim »

Thanks for the response. In regards to the weapon and CRL I was just curious if I had missed something. So the stunt/promo is the accurate one if not the required one?
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

ninusyim wrote:Thanks for the response. In regards to the weapon and CRL I was just curious if I had missed something. So the stunt/promo is the accurate one if not the required one?
Well, the stunt variation is accurate to the film, however, the weapon is not required for approval and submission so whichever version of the e-11 you decide to carry is up to you. We have troopers carrying MG-34s as well, but that's a personal preference.
Winning every battle since 1980
ninusyim

Post by ninusyim »

Great! Thanks again for the info. I've been enjoying my build so much that I'm sure I'll be making several more.

My best.
hottoysmax
Name: Gabriel Flores
TKID: 10422
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by hottoysmax »

Welcome Brian! Let us know if ya need anything!