G'Day

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
stormyt
TKID: 7419
Garrison: TAG

G'Day

Post by stormyt »

Hi All,

Name is chris (7419) from lovely sunny Perth, Western Australia. I have recently purchase some snowie armor yes i know warm climate :)

I need to source a Backpack can you point me in the right direction please and advice on the rest of the gear (picks coming soon) ...

Pictures as promised....I've not got shot's of the shoulder or chest plate as they are busying being sorted out for attachments with a friend so pics should be uploaded tomorrow. Chest plate also came with decals but I know u can get better stuff.

Belt, plate & Pouches..need to glue on the center part..

Boots..pretty straight forward

Hand plates, Gloves (more than likely need to be upgraded), Forearm's (not sure what they are called), Kneed plates & Thermal det (again will need an upgrade)

Clooth parts....will take a better picture of me actually wearing them.

Finally lid and cowl, not sure the best way to do this (it was glued together but must have been knocked loose in transit, i need to improve inside so it's more comfortable & also it's sitting to low on the face, needs extra padding up top)

Let me know what u guys think...

Cheers,
Chris.
Last edited by stormyt on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: G'Day

Post by tubachris85x »

Hey Chris! Welcome to the Blizzard Force!

Don't worry, I live in southern Florida, where the average temp is 80+ degrees..
Other then the backpack, what pieces do you not have?
Looking forward to your build!
Winning every battle since 1980
hottoysmax
Name: Gabriel Flores
TKID: 10422
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by hottoysmax »

Welcome to BF! Im from so calif and no all to well about the heat jokes!
muppet
TKID: 8995
Garrison: Redback

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by muppet »

Welcome aboard.
The Scorpians are growing in size and can't wait to meet up with you guys in June at Supanova
stormyt

Post by stormyt »

Hey Muppet.

Awesome to hear your coming across for nova. :) How far u on with your snowie?

Any pointers :)
hottoysmax
Name: Gabriel Flores
TKID: 10422
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by hottoysmax »

Looking good so far only concern would be the boots, i know ive seen members use diffrent boots becuse they could not find correct ones but these are the ones you should have, Image
firts picture is of my actual boots and the second is from someones refrence shot. laces are optional and some people take them off but i find it more comfortable with them left on.

Let me know if you need help or would like to source the actual boot, now i could be wrong and you GML may be ok with the ones you have but for accuracy you would need to change them out.

Also if you would like to start a wip thread in the snowtrooper setion we all love seeing pics and post of other members progress.
stormyt

Post by stormyt »

Hi All,

Been a long time since I've done anything with my Snowie. I wore it briefly last year at a con to try on for size and to get some photos taken with it on so I could see how it sits.

I will post these up later today when I get home from work. I just need to source boots (hopefully not though) and the back pack.

This is my project for 2014 is to get it approved :) :)

Catch up soon.

C.

As promised profile pictures taken in March 2013